Why we are migrating schools to a single Office 365 Tenancy
The move to remote teaching during lockdown showed we can adopt cloud technology to innovate working practices and new models of learning. IT systems tailored to the characteristics of each school is the goal, but a consistent core is necessary to scale and maintain our offer. To achieve this goal we developed a trust wide IT service strategy.
- A single core of Trust provisioned services and processes.
- Centralisation of suitable IT systems to enhance functionality, security, compliance, resilience and service delivery.
- Migrate school systems to the cloud.
- Accelerate, adopt and embed recognised industry best practices and standards to ensure consistency across the Trust.
- Enable academies to focus on teaching and learning by building a strong, resilient and versatile core IT to serve them.
- Maximise the economies of scale and overall value for money.
To respect the uniqueness of each academy by creating an IT environment that facilitates and actively promotes:
- Empowerment of creativity and innovation to showcase best practice.
- Retention of functionality at existing level supplemented by improved integration.
- Flexible ways of working in line with individual academy approaches to support staff wellbeing.
- Consistent user experiences across devices and locations.
- Schools can keep practices that are established.
- Working across multiple school sites without hinderance.
- Share without constraints.
- Transformative administration, business, and pedagogical outcomes – reshape methods and
- processes to be more effective in the classroom and the back-office functions.
This course is part of the strategy. A series of short online videos to support staff mak use of key elements of our strategy: RM Unify, SharePoint and Microsoft Class Teams.